Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baked Potatoes and sausages

Initially this was just going to be baked potatoes but when I was in the supermarket I suddenly fancied some free range English style pork sausages so that's what we had! Luckily our friend who popped in for dinner didn't mind our meat addition to what was supposed to be a vegetarian meal. I was concerned she wouldn't have enough with just potato but they were surprisingly filling.

Meal of January the 18th: Baked Potatoes (and sausages)

1. Wash 1 large potato for each person and microwave until beginning to get tender. Then place on a baking tray. I like to spray the potatoes with a little olive oil. Bake in the oven at 225 deg celcius until crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. Or if barbecuing, wrap in foil and cook in the coals.

2. For the coleslaw, I chopped some white and red cabbage, two spring onions and grated 1.5 carrots. The dressing was Thomy mayonnaise mixed with some seeded mustard. I left a portion out for the girls without the mustard dressing though.

3. Grill or fry the sausages until brown and cooked!


4. When the potatoes are cooked, cut into quarters without breaking the bottom skin and add grated tasty cheese, sour cream and coleslaw. I also had some canned corn kernels which everyone ended up adding too.


* Please excuse the photo for this one as we had a friend around for dinner and I forgot to take one at the beginning of the meal so this was taken towards the end!*

The verdict: M ate heaps and loved the coleslaw (possibly because she helped make it), A was a bit picky but ended up sitting on our friend's lap to finish most of hers. She did eat all the corn and sausage quickly though. Our guest enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and it was difficult to get my husband to stop eating so he obviously enjoyed it!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment